Aamir Khan Bio Height Weight Body Statistics
Born Name: Aamir Hussain Khan
Nick Name: Aamir, AK, Mr. Perfectionist, Tom Hanks of India
Date of Birth: 14 March 1965
Sun Sign: Pisces
Education: Aamir khan was not interested in studies as he more focus and always busy with dramatics. He has done his pre-college education from Narsee Monjee College in Mumbai. But he barely attended classes. He was a state tennis champion during his school days.
Profession: Indian film actor, producer, director and writer
Height: 5 ft 6 in (168 cm)
Weight: 163 lbs – 74 Kg
Measurements: Chest-40 in, Waist-32 in, Biceps-16 in
Hair Color: Black
Eye Color: Black
Shoe Size: 7
Parents Name: Aamir Khan was born in a conservative muslim family who has been a part of bollywood for several years. His father named Tahir Hussain was a film producer and Aamir khan’s mother named Zeenat Hussain commonly known as Zeena Hussain. His father, Tahir Hussain, died on 3 February 2010.
Siblings: Faisal Khan, Farhat Khan and Nikhat Khan.
Relatives: Nasir Hussain was his uncle. He was an actor, film producer and director. Aamir Khan belongs to the family of Indian freedom fighter Abul Kalam Azad. He is also a descendant of former president of India, Dr.Zakir Hussain. He is a second cousin to former chairperson of Rajya Sabha and the current vice president of the Bharatiya Janata Party, Dr Najma Heptullah.
Reena Dutta: Renna Dutta was the neighbour of Aamir Khan. She also appeared in 1970’s blockbuster Yaadon Ki Baaraat with Aamir khan. He fell in love with her and proposed her when he was just 21 and she accepted. She was from the hindu family. They both married on April 18, 1986. they have two childrens, a son named Junaid and a daughter, Ira. After 15 year of marriage, in December 2002 they both divorced. Reena took custody of both children.
Kiran Rao: Aamir Khan married to Kiran Rao on December 28, 2005. They have a son Azad Rao Khan (December 05, 2011). Kiran Rao was assistant director during the making of “Lagaan”.
Marital Status: Married
Early Career (1986-2002): Aamir Khan began his career at the age of 8. He came in movie ” Yaadon Ki Baaraat” and “Madhosh” as a child actor under his home production. After eleven year he made his debut film “Holi”, but was not so popular.
Breakthrough (2005-present): He got his breakthrough from the film “Qayamat Se Qayamat Tak” in 1988 directed by Mansoor Khan. After this he was known as a chocolate hero and got stardom. He acted in all types of movie – comedy, action, drama and romance. He is considered as a complete indian actor.
Television: He debut in television with his social issue based talk show “Satyamev Jayte” and it made him the highest paid host in television industry.
“Every film I do means a lot to me. The failure of Mela, definitely made a difference to me. I am not comfortable with the idea of my films not releasing to their full potential.”
“I enjoy the love I receive from my fans and my audience. But I think I know what is real for me and what is not.”
- 1989: Won Filmfare Best Male Debut Award for Qayamat Se Qayamat Tak.
- 1997: Won Screen Award for Best Actor for Raja Hindustani.
- 2000: Won Zee Cine Award Best Actor- Male for Sarfarosh.
- 2002: Won Screen Award for Best Film for Lagaan.
- 2002: Won IIFA Best Actor Award for Lagaan: Once Upon a Time in India.
- 2003: Awarded Padma Shri India’s fourth highest Civil Honour by the Government of India.
- 2007: Won Filmfare Critics Award for Best Actor for Rang De Basanti.
- 2008: Screen Award for Best Supporting Actor for Taare Zameen Par.
- 2008: Screen Award for Best Director for Taare Zameen Par.
- 2008: Screen Award for Most Promising Debut Director for Taare Zameen Par.
- 2010: He got awarded the Padma Bhushan India’s third highest Civil Honour by the Government of India.
Aamir Khan Facts, Hobbies and History
- He is a big fan of Alfred Hitchkock stories.
- Having most popular on screen chemistry with Jihi chawla.
- He is the highest paid actor in bollywood.
- His best friends are Rani Mukhrjee and Juhi Chawla.
- His ancestors hail from Afghanistan.
- His favorite actor is Dilip kumar and Daniel Day-Lewis.
- He is very good friend with Salman Khan.
- His films was nominated for an Oscar.
- He was the first bollywood actor to cross the 100 crore mark in his film Gajini.
- Has the highest grossing Indian film of all time with 3 Idiots.
- He is a big fan of Roger Federer.
- He works for a single movie at a time.