Avril Lavigne Bio Height Weight Body Statistics
Born Name: Avril Ramona Lavigne
Nick Name: Abbey, Av, Avril
Date of Birth: 27 September, 1984
Sun Sign: Libra
Education: Avril was not studied much. She started singing at the age of two. She used to play guitar, piano, a drum during her childhood. When Lavigne was 14, her parents would take her to karaoke sessions. She always misbehaved in school and dropped out from her high school when she was in 11th grade. After that she entirely focus on her singing career.
Profession: Songwriter, Singer, Musician, Entrepreneur, Fashion Designer
Height: 5 ft 1 in (155 cm)
Weight: 110 lbs- 50 Kg
Hair Color: Blonde
Eye Color: Blue
Shoe Size: 7
Attractive Things: Eyes, Cute face, Funky dress-up, Voice, Tattoos
Trainer: Gregory Joujon-Roche
Parents Name: Her father named Jean-Claude Joseph Lavigne, is belonged to French nationality and her mother named Judith-Rosanne known as “Judy” (Loshaw) has English, Scottish, and German ancestry.
Siblings: She has a younger sister, Michelle Lavigne, and an older brother, Matthew E. Levine. Her younger sister, Michelle Lavigne, appeared in her “SK8R BOI” video.
Deryck Whibley (2003-2010): When lavigne was 19 years old she starts dating Deryck Whibley. He is a lead singer and guitarist for the band “Sum 41”. In June 2005 he proposed to her. Marriage was held on 15 July 2006 and lasted for more than three years. The divorce was finalized on 16 November 2010.
Brody Jenner (February 2010 – January 2012): Lavigne dated American TV personality for two years. Their relation ended in 2012
Chad Kroeger(February 2012-present): Lavigne start dating Chad Kroeger in July 2012. He is a Canadian rocker frontman of the band “Nickelback”. They worked together in March 2012 to write and record music for Lavigne fifth album. The couple engaged in August 2012. The couple married in the South of France on 1 July 2013. They had their honeymoon in Portofino, Italy.
Marital Status: Married
Deryck Whibley (15 July 2006 – 16 November 2010) (divorced)
Chad Kroeger (1 July 2013 – present)
Early Career: By the age of 15, she had appeared on stage with Shania Twain, by 16, she had signed a two-album recording contract with Arista Records worth more than $2 million. In 2002, when she was 17 years old, Lavigne broke onto the music scene with her debut album “Let Go”. “Let Go” made Lavigne the youngest female soloist to reach number 1 in the UK. As of 2013, it has sold nearly 7 million copies in the United States and over 17 million copies worldwide.
Breakthrough: When Avril was almost 18, she released “Complicated” from her debut album titled: “Let Go,” which went 6x platinum. Avril a musical breakthrough. “Complicated” went to number #1 on Billboards Top 100. Her second album, “Under My Skin”, was released in 2004. Lavigne has scored six number-one singles worldwide, including “Complicated”, “Sk8er Boi”, “I’m with You”, “My Happy Ending”, “Nobody’s Home”, and “Girlfriend”.
Film Career: She voiced a character in the animated film “Over the Hedge” in 2006. That same year, she made her on-screen feature film debut in “Fast Food Nation”.
- 2003: Won Favorite Pop/Rock Female Artist Award.
- 2003: Won Award-Winning Songs for “Complicated”.
- 2011: Won JAPAN BILLBOARD Pop Artist of the Year Award for “Alice”.
- 2011: Won International Singer Award.
- 2012: Won JAPAN BILLBOARD Hot 100 Airplay of the Year Award for “What the Hell”.
People ask me if I regret wasting my last teen years on becoming a singer. You know something? I don’t. Because singing is my life. When and if you want something so badly you’ll see. I mean, I’m just so blessed to be doing what I love to do and to have been given this opportunity. I thank God because there are so many more talented people out there that will never even come close to getting a record deal.
I’m just coming out and I’m going to clearly be myself – I write what I feel, I never worry what others think.
Avril Lavigne Facts, Hobbies and History
- Her favorite actor is Tobey Maguire and favorite actress is Sandra Bullock.
- She is sister-in-law of Mike Kroeger.
- She writes all of her own songs about her own personal experiences.
- She is good friend with Pink, Vanessa Carlton, and Fefe Dobson.
- She taught herself the guitar at the age of 12.
- She wrote the song “Breakaway”.
- Lavigne also performed at country fairs, singing songs by Garth Brooks, The Dixie Chicks, and Shania Twain.
- Her first song was called “Can’t Stop Thinking About You”, about a teenage crush.
- In July 2008, Lavigne launched the clothing line Abbey Dawn, featuring a back-to-school collection.
- By the age of 15, she had appeared on stage with Shania Twain.
- She owns over a 100 pairs of Converse sneakers.
- She ranked #15 on the Maxim magazine Hot 100 Women of 2007 list.
- The song “Slipped Away” on her second album is about the death of her grandfather.