Katy Perry Bio Height Weight Body Statistics
Born Name: Katheryn Elizabeth Hudson
Nick Name: Katy, Pussycat, Katy bird, Katycat
Date of Birth: October 25, 1984
Place of Birth: Santa Barbara, California, USA
Sun sign: Scorpio
Education: Perry attended religious schools and camps. She went to Dos Pueblos High School, Goleta California, for one year. After passing 1st year she left education to pursue her career in music. Perry’s first experience of performing was singing in church. A passion for music grew and at the age of 15, Perry began visiting Nashville, gaining experience of song writing and recording demos. Perry briefly studied Italian opera at the Music Academy of the West in Santa Barbara.
Profession: Recording artist, Actress, Songwriter, Singer, Pop Superstar
Height: 5 ft 7 in or 170 cm
Weight: 59 kg or 130 pounds
Hair Color: Blonde hair, She also wears colorful wigs.
Eye Color: Blue
Shoe Size: 07
Personal Trainer: Harley Pasternak
Parents Name : She is the daughter of Keith Hudson and Mary Christine Perry Hudson.They both are pastors. She is a niece of film director Frank Joseph Perry.
Sibling: Perry is the middle child of her pastor parents. She has an older sister named Angela and younger brother David.
- Russell Brand (2009 t0 2011): She first met Russell Brand in 2009 when she filmed a cameo appearance for his film “Get Him to the Greek”. They start dating in September 2009. The couple became engaged on New Year’s Eve 2009 while vacationing in Rajasthan, India. They privately married on October 23, 2010, in a traditional Hindu ceremony near the Ranthambhore tiger sanctuary in Rajasthan. Brand ended the marriage 14 months later, citing irreconcilable differences, filing for divorce on December 30, 2011.
- John Mayer (2012): They both were dating from June to August 2012. John Mayer was a musician. The two released a duet together called “Who You Love” in 2013. Their relationship was not go for long.
Marital Status: Married
Spouse : Russell Brand (Divorced)
Early Career: On October 2001, Perry released her first album “Katy Hudson under the Christian music label Red Hill. But the album was unsuccessful. Later she worked with Glen Ballard who helped her to improve songwriting skills. She signed to Columbia Records in 2004 but she did not get fame.
Breakthrough: Perry got her breakthrough with “One of the Boys”. It was her second release under the Capitol Music Group. Her single lead songs “I Kissed a Girl” and “Hot n Cold”. Establishing her image was one of the immediate concerns of her management. A campaign was started with the November 20, 2007 release of the video to “Ur So Gay”, aimed at introducing her to the music market.
TV Show: On March 10, 2008, she appeared as herself on the ABC Family television series, “Wildfire”, on the episode “Life’s Too Short”.
Film Career: She also appeared in movies. “Katy Perry: Part of Me” released on 2012. She gave her voice in “The Smurfs”.
I don’t believe in a heaven or a hell or an old man sitting on a throne. I believe in a higher power bigger than me because that keeps me accountable. Accountability is rare to find, especially with people like myself, because nobody wants to tell you something you don’t want to hear. I’m not Buddhist, I’m not Hindu, I’m not Christian, but I still feel like I have a deep connection with God. I pray all the time – for self-control, for humility. There’s a lot of gratitude in it. Just saying ‘thank you’ sometimes is better than asking for things.
- 2009: Won Most Performed Song for “I Kissed a Girl“.
- 2009: Won International Album Award for “One of the Boys”.
- 2011: Won Special Achievement Award.
- 2011: Won Top Hot 100 Artist Award.
- 2011: Won Award-Winning Songs for “Teenage Dreams”.
- 2011: Won International Music Star Award.
Katy Perry Facts, Hobbies and History:
- She is close friends with Rihanna, Perez Hilton and Adam Lambert.
- Her hit song “I Kissed a Girl” was partially inspired by actress Scarlett Johansson.
- Her favorite holiday spot is Japan.
- Her favorite color is pink and Purple.
- When she growing up, she was not allowed to watch MTV.
- She was reportedly offered $20,000,000 to join American Idol (2002)’s 12th season in 2013 as a judge, but declined.
- On her 28th birthday, she had lunch with First Lady Michelle Obama.
- In November 2010, she released her first fragrance, Purr. It is packaged in a cat-shaped bottle, and is available through Nordstrom stores.
- She is noted for her unconventional style of dress.
- In late January 2014, she became the first person to gain 50 million followers on the site.