Born Name: Priyanka Chopra
Nick Name: Piggy Chops, Sunshine, Mimi, Yanka
Date of Birth: 18 July, 1982
Place of Birth: Jamshedpur (now in Jharkhand), Bihar, India
Sun sign: Cancer
Education: She studied in La Martiniere Girls’ School in Lucknow as a child. At the age of thirteen, she moved to USA to live with her aunt where she attended high school. After that she returned India and completed her high school study at the Army Public School in Bareilly. And finally she got her university degree from Jai Hind College in Mumbai. she decided to become a software Engineer or a Criminal Psychologist.
“I did not mind travelling regularly and changing schools, i welcomed it as a new experience.“
Profession: Actress, Model, Singer, Song-Writer
Height: 5 ft 8 in or 173 cm
Weight: 53 kg or 117 pounds
Hair Color: Dark Brown
Eye Color: Dark Brown
Shoe Size: 8
Personal Trainer: Neville and Sameer Johal
Parents Name : Her father Capt. Dr. Ashok Chopra is an Army Officer and he speaks punjabi while her mother Madhu Chopra is a Malayali from Bihar.
Sibling: She has one younger brother Siddharth and cousins Parineeti Chopra, Meera Chopra and Barbie Handa.
Affairs: She has not officially revealed about her affairs, but she been seen dating with Ranbir Kapoor and Shahid Kapoor.
Marital Status: Unmarried
Spouse Name: No
Marriage Year: No
Early Career: She began her career with modeling, In 2000, she got a chance in the Femina Miss India Contest where she finished at second position and then she entered in Miss World Pageant where she was crowned Miss World 2000 and Miss World Continental Queen of Beauty. After this, she start receiving offers for films.
Singing Career: Her first single track “In My City” goes big and she got positive response.
Bollywood Debut: She made her screen debut in 2002 where she got a chance to work in Tamil film “Thamizhan”. In 2003, she worked in “The Hero: Love Story of a Spy” as a second female lead actress opposite to Sunny Deol and Preity Zinta. Later she worked in “Andaaz” movie with Akshay Kumar, the movie was great success and she received positive reviews.
”When I became Miss World, I couldn’t believe I had won it. I used to sleep with my crown because I was scared someone would steal it. In a minute the world changed for me.”
“I got into the movies by accident. When I got an offer, I thought let’s try this too. Everything in my life has happened by trial and error. I didn’t even think I would win the Miss India title so where’s the question of thinking I’d come this far.”
- 2009: Best Actress in Leading Role for Fashion.
- 2010: Best Actress in a Leading Role for Kaminey.
- 2012: Entertainer of the Year for 7 Khoon Maaf, Don 2, Barfi.
- 2013: Star of the year Agneepath and Barfi.
- And many more.
Priyanka Chopra Facts, Hobbies and History
- Her hobbies are singing, watching movies, writing songs and poetry.
- Her favorite movies are Dilwale Dulhaniya Le Jayenge, Pretty Woman, Walk in the clouds.
- She began her career with modeling.
- She has a dog named Brando.
- She has worked with many big brand commercials like Pepsi, Lux, Blenders Pride, Nokia, Sunsilk, Levis, Bru, Garnier, Hero Honda etc.
- Her favorite actors are Mel Gibson, Kishore Kumar.
- She has a great personality, super figure, good looks and confidence.
- Her father has a tumor in his liver.
- She Won Miss India and Miss World Pageant in 2000.
- She was ranked number 1 as a Asia’s Sexiest Woman by Uk Magazine Eastern Eye.
- She know western and classical singing.